Sunday, August 21, 2011

Don't do that crying thing.

It's actually pretty comical to see me deal with someone crying.  I don't like it, I feel helpless.  I don't have words to make it better.  Instead, I have one liners.

It's terrible.  I have the face of someone that wants to hear every one's problems.  I meet random strangers and I get their life story.  And here's the thing, it's like people can tell that I will not stop them, that I will listen and take their pain with them.  But honestly,  please shut up!

I hear all these different stories about life gone wrong and never fail, I have at least one person a week tear up when talking to me.  I feel like there is a neon sign above my head, "Talk here.  You'll feel better, she'll feel worse but never mind that."

It's always been this way and I have a feeling that it will always be this way.

I deal with it and make jokes to avoid getting swallowed in all the pain that everyone deals with.  And then I started to think about it,  why does every one's life seem to suck?

That's the thing, it doesn't suck.  It's about the perspective of your life.  I think that's why I'm so content in my life without the help of happy pills.  I hear people say, "It can't get much worse." and I want to spill coffee on them.  It would be worse. LOL.

Maybe it's that I have walked through a road with so many possible potholes that I've realized that rough road is not a bad thing really because you're still on a road.  And if even you fall off of the path that you expected to travel, you can just be taking the scenic route of life.

I'm always positive, not because I'm unrealistic but because I'm optimistic.  I'm a daredevil waiting for the next loop in the roller coaster-because if you are afraid of the loops, you'll miss out on all the views.

Maybe that's why I listen to every stranger and friend because I know that I can always find the positive and make things seem a little more bearable.

When all else fails, I say, "I understand. I have four children with Autism."  Most people will become quiet, they cannot imagine how difficult it is-how much it must suck.  It gives them a different perspective when looking at their life.

They are wrong-of course.  My kids are wonderful and amazing and our days are filled with laughter.  I may be seen as a strong woman DEALING with this life but I'm not, I'm just a wife and a mother living-it's what makes my life so grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment