Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Take me out to the ballgame!

A co-worker gave me 4 tickets to the NY Yankees game against Toronto tonight. We tried without success to get a sitter. We weren't sure that the kids could handle all of the noise and excitement but we really wanted to go! I've never been to the new Yankee stadium and my husband is a die hard fan.

With trepidation, we walked to the subway to head to Da Bronx. No sweat.

I was a wreck.

"Everyone hold hands! No matter what, never let go."

The kids were in high spirits, excited to see their first baseball game. They ran around with their little gloves.

They were amazing. I am in awe of them. We sat in our seats and they sat with their little gloves high in the air so that they could catch a foul ball. Bugabuga took her glove off when the Yankees were batting, because she was on deck too!

They cheered with the crowd and smiled randomly. The Baby and CEO giggled on the crowded train home. We didn't have one tantrum. My husband and Bugabuga slept for most of the trip and my handsome little boy listened to Omega on the IPhone. It was beautiful.

It's what I've dreamed of, and I had one of the best days of my life today.

As we tucked them into bed, each baby still smiling to themselves, I leaned down to kiss each one on their foreheads.

I turned to leave the room and the CEO sat back up suddenly.

"Mom, I love you Berry Berry Much. Good night."

"I love you too."

:-)

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome day at the ballpark! I am so glad that it was positive.

    ReplyDelete